This virtual meeting was held on Wednesday, November 17th from 10 AM to 11:30 AM via Teams. If you have any questions, contact Michelle Canton via email at [email protected].
10:00 – 10:15 Welcome & Introductions
10:15 – 10:30 FY22 Grant Year Overview
10:30 – 11:00 State Highway Safety Plan Pedestrian Emphasis Area Update, Melissa Walden, PhD, PE, Texas A&M Transportation Institute
11:00 – 11:15 FY22 Webinar Series Topic Suggestions
11:15 – 11:25 2022 Texas Pedestrian Safety Annual Forum
11:15 – 11:30 Stakeholder Updates
Important Meeting Links
- Proven Safety Countermeasures: Proven Safety Countermeasures – Safety | Federal Highway Administration (dot.gov)
- Monday’s webinar: Registration is required to participate. Please register no later than Friday, November 19th at PSC Webinar Registration.
- FHWA Transportation Equity guidance https://www.planning.dot.gov/planning/topic_transportationequity.aspx
- Safe for All, Vision Zero’s role in advancing racial equity in Austin https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/4a57b61a0dc9444a9d117dc69f3a898e
- This Sunday is the World Day of Remembrance for the Victims of Traffic Violence. Farm & City is doing it as a statewide zoom but encouraging people to gather in local nodes across the state and log into the statewide event together. https://www.farmandcity.org/2021/11/17/2021-texas-world-day-of-remembrance-for-the-victims-of-traffic-violence/
- Focused Approach info: Focused Approach to Safety – Safety | Federal Highway Administration (dot.gov)
- Walk Bike Safe Texas links:
Meeting Recording (audio only)